With our entry into the twenty first century, the era of science and work, the era of technology and information technology which moves with quick steps, we have to pace ourselves with it and exploit it in developing our activity and performance. And with the start of the test of the company electronic site, we have the pleasure to welcome all our visitors in this site hoping that you enjoy yourselves in browsing and viewing this lofty economical citadel regarding all that these words hold in meaning and continuous ambition to realize greater success and development to serve the development operation in our beloved country.
Brief Information about Yemen Petroleum Company – Hudaida Branch :
The company branch in Hudaida is one of the most important and oldest branches, since its foundation dates back to 1961, when the Yemen Mahroogat Company was founded and continued until after the Yemen revolution in 1962 until 1965 when a joint venture company with the Egyptian side was established, represented by the General Egyptian Petroleum Authority. This joint company continued until 1969 when the separation between partners took place and the Yemen Petroleum Company was establishment, with its head office in Al-Hudaida. It had two branches in Taiz and Sana’a and remained until 1978 when the company’s general administration was transferred to Sana’a and the Hudaida branch was established.
The most important roles the branch performs :
The most important executed projects :
- Reception of petroleum products arriving through marine carriers from the Aden Refinery and land tankers from the Marib Refinery.
- Storage of the arrived products from the Aden Refinery by the sea and Marib Refinery by land in the storage tanks specially assigned for them.
- Supplying the majority of the governorates via land tankers.
- Selling the petroleum products to the petroleum stations in the governorate and to some neighboring governorates which don’t have company branches like Hajja and Al-Mahweet, in addition to governmental institutions and armed forces branches and other institutions in the governorate.
- Finally, the sale of lubricants and greases.
Future Projects :
- The project of renovation of the sea port and the construction of two tanks and changing the marine pipe lines.
- Project of building a resort for the company on the Port Street.
- Project of construction of the fourth story in the branch administration building, and the reparation and renovation of its facilities.
- Project of expansion and renovation of the road entering and the exiting installation site.
- Project of construction of a new filling station in the Installation.
- Project of a new gate and wall for the branch administration building and overall renovation of the building.
Brief Information about Al-Hudaida City :
- Project for the construction of a computer network and connecting it with the main network in the head office and its branches.
- Project for the construction of two ideal stations at the entries of Al-Hudaida city.
- Project of renovation of the Extinguishing System in the Installation.
- Project of maintenance of the storage tanks in the installations.
Al-Hudaida city is located on the red sea coast, at 226 km from the capital Sana’a, it includes 26 directorates, with a population of about 2,157,552 according to the results of the general population consensus in 2004. Agriculture is the main activity for the locals in the governorate in addition to fishing activity because of its close proximity to the sea and the commercial activity is through the import and export operations.
The Hudaida edifices are various, many of which hold historical significance. The most important are :
The Islamic articrafts in the historical city of Zabeed, such as the Great Mosque and Al-Ashair mosque in Bait Al-Faqgeeh and the coastal city of Al-Khokha and the natural hot baths of Al-Sokhna.
Hamza Abbas Sabri